12 Days of Queermas TBR

 

Sapphic Saturdays is hosting a 12 Days of Queermas readathon. Of course I'm going to join in! The readathon starts today (December 13th) and ends on December 24th. There is a bingo board, a 24 hour readathon on the 19th, reading sprints and a group read.

I am very excited to discover some LGBT/queer Christmas/Winter romances this year. I started to really enjoy holiday romances last year. I never really got into the holiday spirit until I started dating my boyfriend. His family actually does stuff for Christmas. So, naturally, I'm interested in exploring more holiday and winter romances now.

For my 12 Days of Queermas TBR, I tried to pick a book for each prompt. I feel like a lot of these books can cover more than one prompt.


Christmas Inn Maine

Chelsea M. Cameron

This is the group book for 12 Days of Queermas. I'm a sucker for anything set in Maine so I'm excited to read this book. The story follows Colden Hayes who just wants to spend Christmas alone by the sea, and Laura Sterling whose family owns the Maine inn Colden ends up staying at. Colden and Laura end up having to share a bed one night and they just can't seem to escape each other or the attraction between them. I'm 100% here for the "forced to share a bed" trope.


Tic-Tac-Mistletoe

N. R. Walker

This is a m/m romance. Hamish Kenneally ends up stuck in a snowstorm in Montana while on his way to his sister's home in Idaho. Luckily, Ren Brooks, hardware store owner, finds and rescues Hamish from the harsh blizzard.



Budding Romance: F/F Historical Romance Short (Nicolette & Dorothea Book 1)

Lara Kinsey

This novella does not take place during Christmas but I wanted a historical on my TBR. Maybe I just can't find them but I feel like there's a lack of historical sapphic romances out there. It could just be me though.



Most Wonderful: A Lesbian Christmas Romance

Bryce Oakley

Doesn't that cover just give your Christmas vibes? Emilia Marin is not a Christmas person. She doesn't really care for the holiday season. Cody Nowak is the exact opposite and absolutely loves Christmas and she's determined to make Emilia love it as well! Doesn't that sound cute?




Christmas Kisses

Natasha West

This book is actually a collection of two short Christmas stories. I saw it on twitter and thought the cover was pretty.




In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere #1)

Roan Parrish

This is another m/m romance featuring a sexy mountin man. If you know me, you know I love my mountain men romances and smut. Anyway, this story centers around Daniel Mulligan, who leaves the city for Northern Michigan, and Rex Vale, whoe keeps to himself alone in the wilderness.




Focused on Her: Lesbian Contemporary Romance Novel

Samantha Donovan

I'm not sure if this book fits the new adult label but it takes place at university so I'm going to count it. Kate Bell is a university student and budding photographer who takes on an extra credit opportunity working at Nicole Woods' studio. Nicole is a wedding photographer in need of an assistant. She wasn't expecting to fall in love. So, this book is not a holiday romance but I was having a hard time fitting the prompt. Of course, you don't need to read holiday romances for each prompt. I'm just in the mood for some winter romances.



The Christmas Chevalier (Christmas Masquerade Book 1)

Meg Mardell

I had the hardest time finding a romance with trans rep to fill this prompt. Then I came across Althea is Reading's 12 Days of Queermas TBR and this book was on there. Not only do we have trans rep, but it is also a historical romance! Yes! I'm excited to read this book.


The Christmas Ball (The Christmas Ball Romances Book 1)

Lily Seabrooke

I just love this cover! The author is also a transwoman and a lesbian. I'm not sure if any of the characters are transwomen or not which is why I didn't try to put this as my book for the trans rep prompt.

Comments