#SapphicSeptember Readathons TBR

 So, it turns out there are two Sapphic themed readathons happening this month. Isn't that wonderful! And they both have bingo boards.

First of off, we have a Sapphic Septemebr readathon and photo challenge hosted by Manic Femme. There is a four by four bingo board with some very inclusive and great prompts. Elley the Book Otter is also hosting a Sapphic September readathon with another awesome book bingo board. There's also a give away so check out that post for more information.

My goal for both readathons is to complete at least one row or column from each board. So, let's move on to the books!

Love Betrayed (Love Stories #7) by Ellie Spark

I'm counting this for the "quick read" prompt because it is only 156 pages according to Amazon. I'm hoping that this also fulfills the "disabled main character" prompt because one of the main characters suffers from PTSD. This book is available on kindle unlimited.

Each book in the series is a stand alone so I have no problem jumping right to book seven. I will read pretty much any type of fiction involving art and one of the love interests is a tattoo artist so I'm interested. I'm not much for a cheating plot or subplot though so we'll see how this one goes.

Robyn is a tattoo artist whose studio has just been broken into and artwork stolen. Casey, a security guard with PTSD, gets assigned to the tattoo studio after the break-in. There's attraction between the two women but Casey already has a girlfriend, Nina.

The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics by Olivia Waite

This is my historical romance pick for both bingo boards. Lucy Muchelney takes up an offer from the Countess of Moth, Catherine St Day, to translate a French astronomy text. After watching her former lover get married, she needed an escape. When she did not expect was to fall for the countess. Catherine is a widow who wants to fulfill her late husband's scientific legacy which is why she is even looking for someone to translate the French text. She wasn't expecting to develop feelings for the translator.

Lost in Paradise by Rachel Lacey

I like the "opposites attract" trope but I wasn't having much luck finding a sapphic romance that felt like it fit this prompt. Luckily Amazon had my back. I do appreciate the Amazon algorithm recommending me a lot of sapphic and lesbian romances now! This is a story of two women falling for each other while trying to survive being on a stranded island together. I'm intrigued.

Looking to find herself after her divorce, Nicole Morella books a private Mediterranean cruise for herself. She ends up seated next to Fiona Boone, a beautify blond woman that she can't help but feel attracted to. When the ship is hijacked, both women manage to escape only to end up on a deserted island.

Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

I'm already reading - well, listening - to this book for the Sapce Opera September readathon. This will be my "sci-fi/fantasy with a romantic subplot" and "illustrated cover" picks. This book has been all over booktube and booktwitter from what I've seen. I'm curious to see what it's all about.

I'm really not sure how to describe this book and I don't normally read this genre either. All I know is that it is sapphic and involves necromancy. I'm just going to start listening to the audio book without knowing much and see how the story goes.

Hold Me (Story of Love / Jiai Jouwa Book 1) by Hildred Billings

The story takes place in Japan and I believe both main characters are Japanese so, this should fulfill the "POC main character" prompt.

Jun is the daughter of an elite family that runs the Nippon Royal Hotel empire. Her hopes of taking over the family business and inheritance are cut short when her uncle sends her away to Nagoya to become the new general manager of a hotel there. She's upset until Saya enters her life once again.

By Any Other Name by Natasha West

Is Romeo & Juliet a fairy tale retelling? Can we say it is? Regardless, this is the book I am going to use unless I can find something better.

Two families in a bitter fued continue to shake things up in the small town of Vishop's Crook. But it all comes to an end when two daughters from the two families meet and sparks fly between them. They're willing to risk everything for love.

This is labeled as a contemporary romantic comedy.








Comments