Smuty Reviews: The Mountain Man's Obsession and My Lady's Lover

 I usually do not review smut or erotica on this blog because there is not a lot of plot to these stories. They are fun and exciting stories for when you want something quick and dirty. Well, I thought, why not review them? Instead of dedicating a post to each erotica individually, I could review two or more at a time.

The Mountain Man's Obsession is the first book in the Thickwood, CO series by Jenika Snow. If you like possessive and wild mountain men in your smut, I highly recommend picking this book up. It is also available on Kindle Unlimited.

Have you ever wanted to be taken by a mountain man in the middle of the woods in his cabin far away from civilization? If that sounds like a fantasy you would enjoy, then you will like this book. It’s pure smutty goodness.

Mateo is big, dominating and possessive. Despite dedicating himself to a life of solitude and celibacy, he cannot help but want to possess Charlotte as if she were the virgin prey and he the beast, the hunter. There was sexual tension heightened by the fact that she was “trapped” in the middle of the woods with such an overpowering man.


My Lady's Lover is a f/f (female/female relationship) story featuring two lesbian characters. This is book one of the Surrey SFS series by Nicola Davidson and is available on Kindle Unlimited. One of my goals this year was to read more sapphic romances and sapphic books in general. So, I decided to pick this short story up.

Beatrice is in love with Amelia, her employer who just also happens to be a woman. Amelia is stuck in a loveless marriage with a husband who she feels no attraction to at all. One evening, Beatrice awakens something inside of Amelia: Passion.

My biggest problem with smut is that it's always too short when I do want more. I picked this book up because of the sapphic element and the fact that it has a historical setting. It's a quick and a little bit smuty read. I enjoyed the massage scene. Who doesn't like a good massage leading to something more orgasmic?

The issue with Amelia's husband was easily and quickly resolved. Had this been a longer novela, I would have liked to have seen that flushed out some more but I didn't care for the husband so that didn't bother me.
I easily finished this story in a day so I would recommend giving it a shot. 

Comments