Recent Purchases January 2021

 Right now, the three books in Tessa Dare's Girl Meets Duke series are on sale for $2.99 each. This sale is for the kindle ebook versions of the books. The series includes The Duchess Deal, The Governess Game and The Wallflower Wager. If you've never read a Tessa Dare book before, I highly recommend giving her a try. When a Scot Ties the Knot was one of my favorite books last year. it was so hilarious!

The three books together only cost $8.97. That's just a dollar more than a mass paperback so it's like getting three books for the price of one. Of course, I had to get all three books. I was trying to put myself on a book buying ban this year in order to tackle my TBR shelves (both physical books and ebooks) down to zero, but that did not even last a month.



Prior to my self-imposed ban, I picked up a couple of ebooks that went on sale.


On the last day of December I picked up The Priory of the Orange Tree for $1.99. This is a sapphic fantasy book that was pretty popular on booktube when it came out. I've had it on my wish list since it was released. Two of my reading goals this year are to explore more SFF (Science Fiction & Fantasy) books, and to read more sapphic books. So, this fulfills both goals. It's such a big book though! I'm a little intimidated to be honest.


I also grabbed A Prince on Paper by Alyssa Cole. Obviously, Alyssa Cole is much loved on booktube. I've been meaning to give her romance books a try for a while now. I'm glad I picked this up because now I can read it for Black Author Readathon happening in February.

I also had a $50 Amazon gift card to use so, of course, I brought books. I ended up buying three books and some socks for my boyfriend (so exciting, I know). The three books are: Climate Change in Simple Spanish, Il leone di Roma, and El caso Hartung.

As you can see, they are all language related. I actually already started reading El caso Hartung on kindle unlimited but I've canceled my subscription until I get my TBR down to zero. The Spanish audiobook for El caso Hartung is also available on scribd. Since I was enjoying the book I decided to just get a physical copy.

Between all of these books, I only spent about $14. That's not bad at all. I do want to keep track on how much I'm spending on books this year but my real project is to tackle my TBR shelves. I don't even have as many unread books compared to some of the booktubers I watch but I really want to get down to a zero TBR. Once I reach that point, I want to keep my TBR at zero.

Comments